This month Chris Coubrough from the Fying Kiwi Inns, shares his delicious recipe for Beef, Ale and Oyster Pudding.
Serves 4, preparation time 20mins, cooking time 2 hours.
1 White Onion
500g Beef Topside
1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Flour
1 Pint Flying Kiwi Ale
200ml Beef Stock
- Sauté one chopped white onion in a little oil. Add 500g of seasoned, diced beef topside, turn to a high heat and brown the meat.
- Add one tablespoon tomato puree and one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in one tablespoon of flour.
- Add 1 pint beer and 200ml beef stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and cook in a hot oven 200˚c for 40-50 minutes.
- Line a pudding basin with suet pastry.
- Half fill with beef mix.
- Add one oyster and cover with more beef mix.
- Seal the top with suet pastry and steam for one hour.
See Chris in action in the 2017 Game & Country Fair Cookery Theatre on 22nd & 23rd April 2017.