We are happy to welcome Nik Hare from the Victoria at Holkham back to this year’s cookery theatre line-up! This month he shares his recipe of Lady Leicester’s healthy salad.
Chicory – 1 head/ 7 leaves
Blueberries – 10
Tomato – 1
Cucumber – ¼
Pea shoots – 6
Pistachio nuts – 10g
Goats cheese – 20g
Pea shoots – 6 shoots
Balsamic vinegar – 20ml
Port – 20ml
Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Peel the chicory leaves and wash in cold water
- Wash the blueberries in cold water and lay on a clean cloth to dry
- Lay the fruits and nuts in the chicory and arrange
- Place the goats cheese and heat the top with a blow torch or grill
- Dice the tomato and cucumber, finely chop the chives and combine together.
- Lay over the chicory and arrange, then garnish with pea shoots.
- For the dressing reduce the port in a hot pan and burn off the alcohol
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey, reduce until coats the back of a spoon, allow to cool and pour into a plastic bottle