We are delighted to welcome back Franck Pontais to the Game Fair. This month he shares with us a delightful autumnal recipe.
Ingredients for 6 to 8 portions
600g Fresh Carrots
1 medium Onion
3 medium Tomatoes
1 medium Red pepper
2 Garlic cloves
1/2 bunch Fresh basil
1 tbsp. Olive oil
250g Cooked chick peas
600ml Chicken stock
2 pinches Ground turmeric
1 pinch Ground chilli
Salt and pepper
- Peel and dice the onions, dice the red pepper and cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Wash, peel and cut into slices the carrots and place in an oven tray with the onions, red pepper and tomatoes. Season well with the salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes at 220c.
- While the vegetables are roasting, peel and chop the garlic.
- Pour the chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to simmer with the chopped garlic and the cooked chickpeas, let simmer for 5 minutes and pass the stock.
- Once the vegetables roasted, using a hand blender, blitz the vegetables with the chickpeas and garlic, add slowly the hot stock, then the turmeric and ground chili.
- Taste and season if needed and serve hot with fried basil, crack black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.