We are delighted to welcome back Franck Ponatis to the Game Fair next year. For over twenty years, Franck has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations, high profile businesspeople and small groups of friends and family. Trained in the French tradition of Traiteur (high class delicatessen), Franck has dedicated the last ten years of his career to introducing verrines – gourmet food beautifully presented in individual glasses – to the UK. We look forward to seeing Franck demonstrate at next year’s show but for now he shares one of his quality recipes with us!
Aie, Aie, something to warm up a little bit …, a wild soup full of quality.
Makes 4 portions.
- Young and fresh Nettle 500g
- Onion 1 medium
- Unsalted butter 30g
- King Edward potatoes 200g
- Crème Fraiche 15cl
- Vegetable stock or water 1 lit
- Table salt 2 pinch
- Ground white pepper 1 pinch
- Dried cured Coppa 4 slices
- Peel and slice finely the onion, sweat in the butter on a medium heat.
- Wash the Nettle under cold water and add them to the onions.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small dice and add to the Nettle, let cook for 5 minutes and add the vegetable stock.
- Bring to boil and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay the slice of Coppa on a baking paper and cook in an oven at 220C for 8 minutes.
- Once cook, lay on tissue paper to dry off the excess of fat.
- Mix the soup with a hand blender and season to taste.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of Crème fraiche and the dried slice of cooked Coppa.